The mystery is no more! The film has been found in it's entirety and is available to download.

Download The Entire Film Here


Monday 24 January 2011

What we know so far . . .

This blog has been created to keep all /x/philes up to date on the current status of this seemingly impossible hunt.

A brief summary of what we know so far (courtesy of Anon):

Oct. 28th 2000, Nickelodeon showed a film called "Cry Baby Lane".

-It was super scary according to everyone that saw it, Nick never replayed it, people assume because of complaints about how scary/violent it was from parents.

-We try to find copies, NO ONE can find a copy anywhere, which is really freaky because it was a holiday film from only 10 years ago, and there are way older TV Specials that are easy to find.

-It exists because there is an IMDB page, a few clips on YouTube, and other information about it, and people DID see it, but other than that it's like Nickelodeon took down everything about it.

-People suspect that there is something creepy at play, and are trying to track it down to see what's so scary about it.

-We've so far been able to track down (maybe) one copy that is missing the first 15 minutes, but the guy who owns it wants $30 for the tape, and it might not even be real.

-We are now trying to contact Nick PR to see if we can get more information on it.


The guy who claims to have a copy of this film is this guy here:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1341818697

I have made several efforts to request proof of legitimacy from him but have had no success.

Earlier I rang all possible contact numbers from Nickelodeon HQ but it seems that I was too late in contacting them but I shall try again tomorrow mid-afternoon.
Contact details are here : http://biz.viacom.com/sites/nickelodeonpress/NICKELODEON/Pages/contacts.aspx


Please feel free to comment with any other information you have found as I am aware that many of you are hunting via rare VHS dealers and the likes.

I will update as we know more.

Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. I actually had gotten an email from Nickelodeon (after I contacted them through the Viacom website)
    I unfortunately forgot to save the email, but I remember it mostly.
    I pretty much told them that I had seen the movie, as well as my sister and my mom, and I asked them not to deny its existence, as they are known to do.
    The reply I received was pretty much this:

    While there is currently no plan for a home release of this film, we will consult appropriate staff about a release of the film "Cry Baby Lane."
    Thank you for contacting Nickelodeon Studios.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might want to check this out--

    http://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/jedpc/til_nickelodeon_released_a_tv_movie_in_2000_that/

    And this

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDlIV-o73Zw

    ReplyDelete